Before and after - our home office

 
Before


After
Have you ever had a home office, a guest room or just a spare room that slowly turned into a badly kept storage? I have been annoyed and embarrased with our home office for long time, but postponed the cleaning until two weeks ago. I had few days off, took Husband for a ride to visit office furniture outlet, kitchen store, recycling center etc. Finally we ended in Ikea and bought everything there.

The recycling center didn't have anything intresting, office furniture outlet did have quite expensive prices for used furniture (I have been working for that company years ago and know their quality isnt't that much superior compared to new Ikea furniture), kitchen store didn't have any returned goods I was hoping to find.

My budget for shelf, lights, magnetic memory board, table top (actually a kitchen counter top as it had perfect measurements), filing cabinets, dresser and some magazine files was 500 EUR, but managed with 350 EUR. Now I have money to buy later a new pendant light and buy or make new cushion covers and curtains.

This room looks a bit different than our other rooms, more modern, but it's now very functional. And if you are wondering abut that tower of books... it's a narrow shelf.

Onko sinulla koskaan ollut kotitoimistoa, vierashuonetta tai muuten vain "ylimääräistä" huonetta, joka on hiljalleen muuttunut romuhuoneeksi?

Olin jo pitkään ollut ärsyyntynyt ja ihan hävennyt työhuoneemme sotkuisuutta, mutta lykkäilin sen järjestämistä. Pari viikkoa sitten sain kuitenkin tarpeekseni ja vein Siipan ajelulle. Kävimme kierrätyskeskuksessa (ei mitään mielenkiintoista, yllättävän korkeat hinnat), toimistokalusteiden outletissa (vanha työnantajani; tiesin, etteivät käytetyt kalusteet, jotka olivat aika kalliita, ole NIIN paljon uusia Ikean kalusteita parempia ja vähän liian kliinisiäkin olivat), keittiökalusteliikkeessä (siellä ei enää ollutkaan palautusnurkkausta, josta aiemmin on voinut tehdä hyviä löytöjä). Päädyimme siis Ikeaan.

Budjettini hyllylle, valoille, magneettitaululle, pöydän kannelle (itse asiassa keittiötaso, jonka mitat olivat täydelliset), laatikostoille, lipastolle ja lehtikoteloille oli 500 EUR, mutta ilokseni budjetti alittui hyvin; 350 EUR. Rahaa jäi siis kattolampun ostoon, uusiin verhoihin ja tyynynpäällisiin, jotka hankin myöhemmin.

Huone on tyyliltään hieman modernimpi kuin muut huoneemme , mutta se on myös hyvin toimiva. Ja jos hämmästelit tuota painovoimaa uhmaavaa kirjakasaa, kirjat ovat itseasiassa seinään kiinnitetyssä kapeassa kirjahyllyssä.

3 kommenttia :

  1. What a great make-over. Well done!
    The room now feels 'clear' and full of good energy.
    I'd paint the chair a matte near-black if I were you. It will set off a nice contrast with all the white and wood.

    What is your name love? It is so hard to write to someone without one..

    xx Charlotta

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kylläpäs huone koki ihanan näköisen muutoksen!
    Todella raikas ja pirteä. Itse pidän niin paljon valkeasta, niin puhtaan ja raikkaan tunnusta.
    -päivi-

    VastaaPoista
  3. Thanks for comments, I am quite pleased myself also.

    The chair is old, maybe 80-100 years and has nice patina, so I don't dare to pain it. I would regret i later on.

    I have decided to keep some privacy in my blog; not even reveal my real first name here or publish any photos of me or my nearest ones, so you just have to call me Lumo...

    VastaaPoista

Kommenttisi ilahduttaa kovasti. Your comment makes me happy.