Business trip in Paris




I arrived in Paris yesterday. It was a lovely, warm spring day, but I headed directly to fabric fairs, so the weather didn't matter that much.

The first two days have been business as usual, it's already my 32nd semiannual trip to the Parisian fabric fairs... To me it means ealy wake up calls, one hour trip to the fairs, eight to nine hours at the fair and one hour trip back to the city. And going trough fourty to fifty work emails after the dinner. So not much time for sight seeing or shopping.

I managed to buy yesterday in thirty minutes Ladure macarons (mostly for the lovely boxes they are packed in), some cosmetics and a t-shirt. Otherwise I have just looked at the windows of closed  shops...

Hope I will manage to sneak few hour for myself tomorrow night or on Thursday morning, but if my schedule changes, the customers must come first and my sightseeing must wait until the next time....

Good night, friends. Have to go to sleep. Again I am skipping Paris by night...

Saavuin Pariisiin eilen, oli ihana, lämmin kevätpäivä, mutta lähdin suoraan kangasmessuille lentokentältä, joten säällä ei olltu niin paljon merkitystä.

Kaksi ensimmäistä päivää ovat olleet tavanomaisia messupäiviä, onhan tämä jo kolmaskymmenestoinen puolivuosittainen matkani Pariisin kangasmessuille ... Aikaisia heräyksiä,  tunnin matka messuille, kahdeksan-yhdeksän tuntia messuilla ja tunnin matka takaisin kaupunkiin. Illallisen jälkeen neljän-viidenekymmenen sähköpostin purkaminen... Joten ei ole paljoa aikaa ostoksille tai nähtävyyksien katsomiselle.

Olen kuitenkin ehtinyt ostamaan eilen puolessa tunnissa Laduren macaronseja (lähinnä kauniin rasian takia), vähän kosmetiikkaa vakikempparistani ja t-paidan. Muuten olen juuri tutustunut jo suljettujen kauppojen ikkunoihin ...

Toivottavasti onnistun livahtamaan muutamaksi tunniksi huomenillalla tai torstai-iltana kaupungille, mutta jos aikatauluni muuttuu, tulevat asiakkaiden tapaamiset ensin ja kaupungilla kiertelyn on odotettava ensi kertaan...
Hyvää yötä, ystävät. Täytyy mennä nukkumaan, Pariisin yö jää jälleen kerran väliin...

6 kommenttia :

  1. Mielettömiä kuvia! Vesi oikein herahtaa kielelle noita Macaronseja katsellessa, nam!

    Toivottavasti saat tosiaan varastettua pienen hetken itsellesikin työreissuilla, onhan se aina harmi jos työreissuilla ei ehdi näkemään muuta kuin hotellin ja sulkeutuneiden kauppojen ikkunat.

    Voi miten upeita postauksia olit ehtinyt tehdä matkani aikana, se uusi korunaulakkosi on niin hieno! Tahtoo samanlaisen!

    Mukavaa työreissua!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ihania kuvia :) Olen kerran käynyt Pariisissa ja ostin samaisia Laduren macaronseja tuliaisiksi, aivan ihania ja kelpasi makean persolle siipalle erinomaisesti.

    VastaaPoista
  3. I wouldn't mind a bi-annual trip to Paris.. In fact that is one of the things I am looking forward to when returning to Europe..! :)

    I can completely understand the need to rest and recuperate after a hectic day at work. Even if it happens to be in Paris..
    Great that you treated yourself to the macaroons though. They look fantastic.

    Stor kram

    x Charlotta

    VastaaPoista
  4. I LOVE that orange clutch in your side bar!! The one with the fringes..! Who is it by?
    I want one badly!!

    x C

    VastaaPoista
  5. Näitä upeuksia voisi tuijotella tunteja....

    VastaaPoista
  6. Charlotta; it's not a clutch, is's a light weight folded Peruvian alpaca throw. I took the photo few years ago when I prepared for a traditional August outdoor crayfish party.

    Just got back from a fantastic dinner. We usually try to have a nice dinner the last nigt in Paris, but this time my boss outdid himself, he treated me with a really nice dinner at nearby Le Comptoir. And tomorrow we will meet only in the afternoon at the fair, so I can have the morning for my self in the city...

    VastaaPoista

Kommenttisi ilahduttaa kovasti. Your comment makes me happy.