Happy wedding anniversary

 

It's our fift wedding anniversary today. To celebrate, we will go for a dinner to restaurant Postres, famous especially for their desserts.

I love (besides Husband) my simple, heavy, hand made rings and their slightly worn out look. I told Husband (then Boyfriend) that if he ever proposes me, I want to choose my own rings. And finally he did. I was so overoyed that he said "Had I known how happy this makes you, I would have proposed earlier...". I had given him hints and signs, but he hadn't understood any of them.To speed things up, I booked church 36 hours after the proposal (and would have done it earlier, but I had to wait until Monday morning...). We had eight month engagement and it was long enough for wedding planning, even shorter  time would have been enough.

We know closedly a goldsmith, I did show him some pictures of very simple, plain rings and he made these. Normally he makes similar rings in few hours, but with these he spent a whole working day per ring.

Few days after our wedding we sat in Dottie's True Blue Coffee in San Francisco, our waiter found out that we wer on our honeymoon and wanted to see the rings. He looked really disappointed and seemed to take a pity on me when he saw these, no sparklers, just yellow and white gold...We found it hilarious.

Tänään on viides hääpäivämme. Juhlistamme päivää illallisella ravintola Postresissa, joka on etenkin jälkiruoistaan tunnettu.

Rakastan (Siipan lisääksi) yksinkertaisia, painavia, käsintehtyjä sormuksiani ja niiden jo hieman kolhiintunutta ulkoasua. Kerroin hyvissä ajoin Siipalle (silloiselle Poikaystävälle), että jos hän joskus kosii minua, haluan itse valita sormukseni. Ja vihdoin hän kosi. Olin niin riemuissani että hän totesi "Jos olisin tiennyt kuinka iloiseksi tulet, olisin kosinut jo aiemmin..." Hän ei ollut tajunnut yhtään viimeisen vuoden aikana vinkkejäni ja selviä merkkejäni, että kosinta olisi tervetullut... Kosinnan jälkeen pistin asioihin vauhtia ja varasin kirkon 36 h myöhemmin. Aiemminkin olisin varannut, mutta piti odottaa maanantaiaamuun... Kahdeksan kuukauden kihlaus enen avioitumista oli riittävän pitkä aika valmisteluihin, lyhyemmässäkin ajassa olisi selviytynyt.



Sormukset teetettiin tutulla kultasepällä, joka yleensä tekee tällaiset yksinkertaiset sormukset muutamassa tunnissa, mutta käytti näihin koko päivän, kun olen kuulemma niin tarkka...

Muutama päivä vihkimisen jälkeen istuimme San Franciscossa aamiaisella Dottie's True Blue Caféssa. 


Tarjoilijamme jututti meitä ja oli innoissaan kun kerroimme olevamme häämatkalla. Hän halusi nähdä sormukset ja oli silmin nähden pettynyt, kun ne olivat sileät ja yksinkertaiset ilman yhtäkään kiveä... Hänen mielestään olin varmaan tehnyt huonot naimakaupat... Meistä hänen reaktionsa oli huvittava.

4 kommenttia :

  1. Happy 5th Anniversary!!
    I loved your story and think your rings are beautiful in their simplicity. Do you wear both at the same time. I think that is very cool. The metals do have a time worn finish and they glow with a certain patina. So you honeymooned in SF?
    You must promise me if you ever return we will get together!! You can stay with us and my talented husband will cook you an amazing meal:)
    Wishing you a wonderful anniversary weekend my dear Finnish Friend!!
    Lots of Love,
    Terri

    VastaaPoista
  2. I wear them at the same time, the white gold ring is my engagement ring and yellow gold my wedding band.

    I hope to get to SF again, it would be lovely to meet you. I have been to Sacramento for a summer and returned California twice after that for holiday, so it might be our destination also in the future.

    First we have a big trip planned and booked somewhere else for this summer.

    Hope the huge ash cloud will disperse soon and not linger many months over Europe as the worst scenario is... more about our plans later.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    How wonderful - 5 years, let me see that is 'Wood' and the flower attached to this one is 'Daisies'.

    How fun. Have a fantastic and super romantic date with your darling.

    Love the rings!

    x Charlotta

    VastaaPoista
  4. Amerikoissahan taidetaan rakastaa isoja timantteja sormuksissa. ;) Sileät ja yksinkertaiset sormukset ovat kyllä kauneimpia, itsekin jos joskus häitä vietän niin toiveena olisi hopeasta valmistettu sormus. :)

    VastaaPoista

Kommenttisi ilahduttaa kovasti. Your comment makes me happy.