101 cookbooks


101 cookbooks is a blog I follow, but it also is the current number of cookbooks I own.

I have cookbooks in Finnish, English and Swedish, bought from bookstores around world and ordered from Amazon, some are given to me as gifts. I also still have and use my high school household class cookbook. Additionally I have cooking magazines and few big recipe scrapbooks. I also follow some food blogs and google for recipies.

I take out at least four or five cookbooks and my every weekend when I plan menu for the next week. Many times I don't follow recipies from my cookbooks, but they give me inspiration for easy, tasty and fast recipies.

I have planned menuand written shopping lists  for the coming week already for years, it really helps me to keep (mostly) healthy diet and good variety. If I go to grocery store after a long working day without shopping list, chicken is the only food that comes to my mind and I buy ingredients I already have at home. Now I can pop in the store, pick up only what I need and get out fast.

101 cookbooks on paitsi blogi jota seuraan, myös tällä hetkellä omistamieni keittokirjojen määrä.


Minulla on keittokirjoja englanniksi , ruotsiksi ja suomeksi, osa on ostettu kirjakaupoista ympäri maailman, osa on hankittu Amazonista, osa on saatu lahjaksi. Tallella ja edelleen käytössä on myös koulun kotitaloustunneilla käytetty keittokirja. Lisäksi minulla on ruokalehtiä ja pari itse keräiltyä isoa reseptikansiota. Seuraan myös muutamaa ruokablogia ja googlailen reseptejä.


Olen jo vuosia suunnitellut tulevan viikon ruokalista edellisenä viikonloppuna. Otan silloin neljä-viisi keittokirjaa esiin ja selailen niitä. En välttämättä seuraavalla viikolla totetuta montakaan reseptiä sellaisenaan, mutta ne toimivat inspiraationa nopeisiin, helppoihin ja herkullisiin ruokaohjeisiin. Ruoka- ja ostoslistan laatiminen auttaa pitämään ruokavaliota (kohtuullisen) terveellisenä ja monipuolisena.


Jos menen ilman ostoslistaa kauppaan töiden jälkeen, kana on yleensä ainoa ruoka joka muistuu mieleeni ja ostan aineksia, joita kotoa jo löytyy. Kauppalistan kanssa ostoksilla käynti sujuu nopeasti ja ostan vain mitä tarvitsen.

1 kommentti :

  1. Hello Miss Lumo!
    It was lovely to have you visit my blog and leave such a nice comment. It meant so much to me!
    I love this post of yours on cookbooks. You and my husband are kindred spirits. He is as passionate about cooking as I am about treasure hunting! Chicken is also his #1 go to ingredient and favorite meal!
    The other day I picked up a cool vintage cookbook called "Round the World in 80 Dishes"
    and now I meet a Finnish Cook...
    I love that!!
    I will do a post on it soon. It was written in 1955 and the author writes a short passage about the country and native dish for each of the 80 dishes! I'd love to know what your favorite Finnish dish is :)
    I'm so glad you found me and I found you!
    xo ~ Terri

    VastaaPoista

Kommenttisi ilahduttaa kovasti. Your comment makes me happy.