My take on ice cream with rhubarb lavender compote

 My take on ice cream with rhubarb lavender compote did not loo as pretty as the dessert in Postres, but my in laws enjoyed it greatly.

I cut the first rhubarb stems, sliced them, placed them in a sauce pan, covered with water mixed in few table spoons of sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla sugar and a tea spoon of dried lavender. I let them simmer until the rhubarb was soft and let the lavender to infuse until next day in refrigerator.

Easy, inexpensive and delicious.
Versioni Postresin laventeli-raparperikompotista jäätelön kera ei tullut yhtä herkullisen näköistä kuin ravintolassa, mutta appivanhempani nauttivat mausta kovasti.

Leikkasin pari kevään ensimmäistä raparperin vartta, viipaloin ne, laitoin kattilaan, peitin vedellä, sekoitin joukkoon pari ruokalusikallista sokeria ja teelusikallisen vaniljasokeria sekä kuivattua laventelia. Annoin hautua kunnes raparperi oli pehmennyt. Laventelin maku sai imeytyä liemeen yön yli jääkaapissa.

Helppoa, halpaa ja hyvää.

1 kommentti :

  1. Looks super yummy. I think you need a 2nd blog about cooking. You really are an amazing cook!!!

    VastaaPoista

Kommenttisi ilahduttaa kovasti. Your comment makes me happy.