Advent calendar 8; my Christmas decoration purchase of this year

I have seen these little tin house lanterns before Christmas previous years, but always have gone shopping too late.

I saw several different tin house lanterns in a shop window for few weeks when driving by, but store was almost always closed when I passed by. Last week I decided to walk there from my office on my luch break and bought a cute little hut.

Usually husband is alway for all the interior finds I buy, but now he asked "Don't we have enought lanterns?". What could I say... "No, we don't"... Well, he also thought our dining table was pretty when I placed the lantern, red and white candles and mercury glass baubles on it.


Olen nähnyt näitä pieniä peltitalolyhtyjä aiempinakin vuosina joulun alla, mutta olen aina lähtenyt liian myöhään ostoksille. 

Tänä vuonna ajoin miltei päivittäin Nougatin ohi, mutta liike on ollut aina kiinni ohittaessani sen. Viime viikolla päätin tehdä tikusta asiaa ja kävellä liikkeeseen katsomaan lounastunnilla. Lyhdyissä kokoja ja muotoja oli erilaisia, mutta päädyin tähän söpöön pikku mökkiin.



Yleensä siippa ei koskaan vastusta sisustusostoksiani (joita teen aika harkiten), mutta nyt hän kysyi eikö meillä ole jo tarpeeksi lyhtyjä. Mitä siihen voi vastata... "Ei"... No, oli hänkin sitä mieltä, että ruokapöytä oli sievä, kun laitoin sille lyhdyn, punaisia ja valkoisia kynttilöitä ja köyhänmiehenhopeisia koristeita.

1 kommentti :

  1. Love these 'lantern houses' and think it's a nice and timeless investment. You can use it all year around really - just varying the details around it. Could make a spooky 'Halloween' house for October..

    Loving your 'advent calendar posts'.

    Hugs
    xx C

    VastaaPoista

Kommenttisi ilahduttaa kovasti. Your comment makes me happy.