Photo challenge

Absolutely White challenged me to share the 4th photo of my 4th photo file. Some of you probably know this challenge, which has been seen in various blogs.


The Challenge works like this:

1. Open the fourth folder where you store your photos.
2. Select the fourth picture folder and publish it.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Challenge four bloggers to do the same.

My fourth folder contains images from Billnäs antique market in 200, and in the fourth image is of my dear friend who died for cancer last autumn. Photo is fun and brings back memories of a warm summer day and always so pleasing antique tours we had, but the picture is so personal that I can't publish it.


The above is therefore the fift image of the fift folder.


I've collected a few old plaster sain statues, the first one I bought in Poland in a small roadside junk store,  but gave it to my mother in law for Christmas.



Next one; holy Margaret (the patron of animals) I found in Amsterdam. The statue of Jesus and the Madonna statue I bought in New York 26th street antique market held on weekend in local garage. Jesus statue free of charge; the vendor started to pack the statues, when he hit Jesus his head off! However, I took the statue in two pieces with me Finland and my father in law glued the head back to it's place and sealead the seam with paint, so that the seam isn't visible.


This  Madonna statue I purchased from a foreign vendor (perhaps Polish) from Hietalahti flea market in Helsinki last summer, he also had few other statues for sale. Now when I think back, I should have bought also them.... The statue was probably kept outdoors as the paint has worn out.

As this challenge has already been in several blogs, I just tell anyone who is intereted to catch it here and publish your own photo and story.

Sain Absolutely Whitelta hauskan kuvahaasteen. Osa teistä varmaan tunteekin tämän haasteen, jota on näkynyt eri blogeissa.

Haaste toimii seuraavalla tavalla:

1. Avaa neljäs kansio, jossa säilytät valokuviasi.
2. Valitse neljäs kuva kansiosta ja julkaise se.
3. Selitä kuva.
4. Haasta neljä bloggaajaa tekemään sama.


Kansiossa on kuvia Billnäsin antiikkimarkkinoilta vuodelta 2008 ja kansion neljännessä kuvassa on viime syksynä syöpään menehtynyt rakas ystäväni. Kuva sinänsä tuo hauskoja muistoja mieleen lämpimästä kesäpäivästä ja meille aina niin mieluisista antiikkikierroksista, mutta kuva on niin henkilökohtainen, etten sitä voi julkistaa.


Yllä onkin siis 5. kansion 5. kuva.


Olen kerännyt muutamia vanhoja kipsisiä pyhimyspatsaita matkoilta, ensimmäisen ostin Puolasta tien varren pikku putiikista, mutta sen sai anoppini joululahjaksi.

Seuraavan; pyhän Margaretan (eläinten suojeluspyhimyksen) hankin Amsterdamista ja Jeesus-patsaan ja Madonna-patsaan löysin New Yorkista 26. kadun viikonloppuisin pidettäviltä antiikkimarkkinoilta. Jeesus-patsaan sain lopulta ilmaiseksi, kun myyjä pakatessaan löi Jeesus-paralta pään irti. Otin sen kuitenkin mukaani Suomeen ja appeni liimasi sen paikoilleen ja paikkasi öljyväreillä niin, ettei saumakohtaa näy lainkaan.


Tämän kuluneen Madonna-patsaan löysin ulkolaiselta (ehkä puolalainen) myyjältä Hietsun kirpparilta viime kesänä, myynnissä oli pari muutakin. Hieman harmittaa, etten ostanut niitäkin. Patsasta on varmaankin pidetty ulkona, kun sen maalipinta on niin kulunut.

Koska tätä haastetta on jo jonkin aikaa näkynyt blogeissa, en siirrä sitä nyt eteenpäin, mutta kuka tahansa teistä voi toki napata sen tästä ja julkaista oman kuvansa ja tarinansa.

2 kommenttia :

  1. I adore your statue of St. Therese of Lisieux, the little flower as she is my patron saint.
    My mom is always after me to buy her whenever we see her but I waited until something really spoke to me and it paid off last month at The Alameda Pointe where I found the most amazing antique plaster plaque covered with copper that had incredible patina. She is surrounded by falling rose buds. I adore her. I still haven't found the right place as of yet but I know she'll find it.
    You've inspired me to share her with blogland!
    Hope you've been well Tuuli, sorry I haven't been round much, but please know I never forget about my lovely Finnish Friend!!!
    Much Love,

    Terri

    VastaaPoista
  2. Terri; so she is your patron saint! Thanks for letting me know and dropping a note. I envy your visits at the Alameda Pointe, it looks fantastic!

    VastaaPoista

Kommenttisi ilahduttaa kovasti. Your comment makes me happy.